A DUI can be a very serious charge on your record, and has the potential to ruin your reputation, career, and livelihood. If you have just gotten a DUI, you may be confused about where to go from here, and how to approach the next step to most efficiently rectify this difficult situation. At the Country Lawyer, P.C., we are dedicated to helping you regain your freedom and good name by providing you with personalized legal counsel to get you through this difficult time.
If you are stressed and worried about what to do next, here are the 5 steps to take after receiving a DUI:
- Seek legal counsel – Arming yourself with a strong legal defense team is vital in clearing your name and finding relief from this charge. An experienced Sierra Vista DUI lawyer can help you understand the exact laws so as to make this process less confusing.
- Report to court – Missing your court date can be disastrous. Appearing with your lawyer can help you seem more responsible and prepared to handle the situation.
- Carry out the punishment – Depending on the severity of your offense, you may face punishments such as fines, classes, probation, restriction of your license, or jail time. Abiding by this sentencing is crucial in one day getting your license back.
- Insurance – After a DUI, most people lose the support of their insurance agency and must find another way to be insured. You may file an SR-22 and be forced to carry it with you for a minimum of 3 years.
- Get your license back – Once you've followed the required steps and participated in the system, you may be eligible to get your license back. By paying all necessary fees, filling out the required paperwork, and checking with your local DMV for any additional steps, you may then regain your license.
While the above may seem like a complicated and time-consuming process in recovering from a DUI, an experienced and aggressive Sierra Vista DUI lawyer can streamline the process for you by fighting for your innocence every step of the way. At the Country Lawyer, P.C., we are determined to ease your uncertainty by taking on your case with confidence and assertiveness, so as to make you feel as comfortable as possible during this difficult time.
For a Sierra Vista DUI lawyer who will make sure every step is completed and every possible defense is considered, contact us today at (520) 459-6400.